ENGEO is dedicated to provide a healthy indoor environment for your family, co-workers and students, free from mould and bacteria.
Mould is a fungus that grows in our natural environment and are often harmless. However, when they grow indoors and in large colonies, the prolonged exposure to their spores can potentially cause health issues.
Indoor mould growth is recognised by the World Health Organization (WHO) as undesirable and unhealthy for many building occupants. While some moulds are harmless, others can cause health problems such as allergies, asthma, hay fever and more. For those people that are vulnerable (children under 12 years old, people over 65 years old and those with a compromised immune system), even a harmless mould can cause health issues.
The most common factors in the growth of mould colonies are:
• Poor ventilation,
• High humidity,
• Prolonged leaks,
• Condensation, and
• Lack of sunlight.
ENGEO has extensive experience assessing and managing risk in educational, commercial and residential facilities, and our surveyors across the country have hands on experience in mould assessments.
We offer a range of effective and practical solutions in identifying and managing risks associated with mould colonies in the built environment.
• Mould surveys to take samples to determine if mould spores are present and at what level;
• Risk assessments associated with the type of mould encountered in the indoor environment;
• Mould management plans during site refurbishment works;
• Stakeholder engagement and training;
• Development of procedures and safe work methods; and
• Provision of expert evidence for mitigation or court hearings.